snap [snap] verb, snapped, snap·ping, noun, adjective, adverb
–verb (used without object)
1. to make a sudden, sharp, distinct sound; crack, as a whip; crackle.
2. to click, as a mechanism or the jaws or teeth coming together.
3. to move, strike, shut, catch, etc., with a sharp sound, as a door, lid, or lock.
4. to break suddenly, especially with a sharp, cracking sound, as something slender and brittle: The branch snapped.
5. to act or move with quick or abrupt motions of the body: to snap to attention.